War Thunder MMO in Open Beta, Free to Play!

Other gaming here. PC, board,etc. ANY type of gaming at all.
Thom
PostsCOLON 1007
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

War Thunder MMO in Open Beta, Free to Play!

Postby Thom » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:28 am

http://warthunder.com/

Ok, it's not Crimson Skies, but it is air combat and looks like it could be fun!
Flying the Crimson Skies

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Re: War Thunder MMO in Open Beta, Free to Play!

Postby stormwell » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:39 am

Been playing it for a while, certainly is a far better game than World of Warplanes.

For starters it has better graphics, more fleshed out tech trees and more interesting game modes.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007

Postby Thom » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:44 am

I finally played for a while tonight, it was disappointing without a joystick so I have ordered a new one, for some reason my old Microsoft stick has given up the ghost.

Had a hard time playing with the mouse as it was inverted and so counter intuitive for me and I could not find a way to change that. Still though, the second match I managed to kill three tanks and some AAA, but my team ultimately lost both matches.

Sadly it is not nearly as instinctive as the Crimson Skies PC game, that game was just plain fun!

I have to admit the graphics are pretty good, perhaps after I get the joystick I will be able to enjoy it more.
Flying the Crimson Skies

stormwell
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am
Are you a Human?COLON Yes

Postby stormwell » Sat May 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Thom wroteColonI finally played for a while tonight, it was disappointing without a joystick so I have ordered a new one, for some reason my old Microsoft stick has given up the ghost.

Had a hard time playing with the mouse as it was inverted and so counter intuitive for me and I could not find a way to change that. Still though, the second match I managed to kill three tanks and some AAA, but my team ultimately lost both matches.

Sadly it is not nearly as instinctive as the Crimson Skies PC game, that game was just plain fun!

I have to admit the graphics are pretty good, perhaps after I get the joystick I will be able to enjoy it more.

Menu and then controls setup to change the controls IIRC.

Did you go straight onto Historical Battles or just Arcade?

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007

Postby Thom » Sat May 04, 2013 11:51 pm

I went to arcade.
Flying the Crimson Skies

Thom
PostsCOLON 1007

Postby Thom » Sun May 05, 2013 6:21 am

Played for a bit tonight with my new joystick, better control and more finesse, but the bottom line is that I still suck. *Sigh* :(
Flying the Crimson Skies

Return to