Crimson Skies: X-Wing Miniatures Conversion

Other gaming here. PC, board,etc. ANY type of gaming at all.
Azrael1415
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:23 pm
Are you a Human?COLON Yes
LocationCOLON Amarillo, Republic of Texas

Crimson Skies: X-Wing Miniatures Conversion

Postby Azrael1415 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 pm

So, I love the old FASA Crimson Skies. I especially love the theme and setting. However, X-Wing has ruined me for other dog-fighting games. It's a solid system that plays fast and bears many similarities to CS. So, my buddies up at my LGS and I are working on a conversion to bring CS into FFG's Flightpath system. It's in its beginning stages, so it's not ready for play-test, but I've got some solid ideas on where I'm going with it.

The linked Google doc is the beginning of me going through the X-Wing rulebook and doing any additions/subtractions/changes that I feel are pertinent to the conversion. I'm working on it a little at a time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I2r8yrtE4IfGF7IQuibD6XQ9UvrqyC0xGLEGraA1ZVM/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I got jumpy and created a mockup of a Plane Card in Photoshop. Don't fret on the stats, those will need to be adjusted in play-testing. I'm gonna keep the development of this conversion open throughout the process and I appreciate any input. I just wanted to gauge interest. Thanks!

-Az

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Re: Crimson Skies: X-Wing Miniatures Conversion

Postby Jerba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 pm

I saw this on BGG, this is great! Definitely something that should happen.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Crimson Skies: X-Wing Miniatures Conversion

Postby Thom » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:11 am

Keep us posted, I am very interested!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Return to