X-Wing miniature gaming

Other gaming here. PC, board,etc. ANY type of gaming at all.
maeglynn
PostsCOLON 32
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 am
LocationCOLON Vancouver, BC Canada

X-Wing miniature gaming

Postby maeglynn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey guys,

I kind of put my Crimson skies stuff aside for awhile.

I discovered X-Wing. Fast pace, quick rule fun dice rolling and special damage.

Any of you guys playing it?

What are your thoughs on the game?

Alain

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm
LocationCOLON Nation of Utah

Re: X-Wing miniature gaming

Postby Jerba » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 pm

It is on my "To Buy" list. It looks gorgeous. I've heard good things but haven't gotten to play it.

It isn't cheap either. I am hoping Target clears out the starter set after the holidays so I can pick up a couple copies on the cheap. There is something to be said for buying dead games like CS (they are affordable!) but there is something to a living game too (you actually have people to play it with!).

maeglynn
PostsCOLON 32
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 am
LocationCOLON Vancouver, BC Canada

Postby maeglynn » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:32 am

I have to say that I was blown away after I played my first scenario. The game is well balance between the speed and maneuvrability of the empire vs the durability and fire power of the rebel.

On te first few games the empire seem to be the one to beat but after tweaking the rebel it was clear that ffg had spend time on balancing the game. Of course the dice will always play a major role but in essence the game is brilliant.

I recomend it to any CS player

you will like it.

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368

Postby Jerba » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 pm

The starter set is on sale at target this week. Marked down from $40 to $30, but you can stack a $5 off coupon to make it $25. The 2012 Toy Book had a $5 off a Star Wars toy of $19 or more that is usable on the starter. If you don't have the coupon, and it doesn't seem to be available online, you can tell the cashier that you didn't receive the coupon and they should have a scan sheet to use. I don't know if I can resist picking up 2 starters for that price... too good to pass up.

Thom
PostsCOLON 1005
JoinedCOLON Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Postby Thom » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:01 am

I noticed that Lupo was redirected to this thread, but that this thread did not include the link to the game in question! >>X-Wing<< :D Thanks for the link Lupo!
Flying the Crimson Skies

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368

Postby Jerba » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm

We are just all over the place these days!

Jerba
PostsCOLON 368

Postby Jerba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 pm

A great time to get in on this game! The Expansion packs are $7.99 on Amazon right now, by far the lowest I have ever seen them. MSRP is $14.99 and Amazon usually keeps them in the $12-13 range. If you've been waiting to pull the trigger now might be a good time to get the expansions.

A great resource for the game are the forums at A Few Maneuvers.

Return to